Tuesday, June 7, 2011

June 8, 2011 - Photo of the day

Today's picture was 'taken,' but not by a camera.  It was 'taken' by pushing the 'printscreen' button on my computer keyboard.  It is a 'screen capture' of the computer screen I've been looking at for several hours now.  

I do closed captioning for a local church - which is normally due to be completed and emailed by 5 pm on Tuesdays.  Today, however, it went much later...9:30 pm.

You see, I had a day of unexpected interruptions.  I view 'unexpected interruptions' as tests sent by God to see if I have my priorities straight.  I have had to take this test many times because I'm a slow-learner when it comes to time and priorities management.  

What I have learned is while meeting deadlines and getting things done is extremely important - they are always trumped by people in need.  I mean real need, not someone who just wants to 'hang out.'  Of course, knowing the difference takes discernment - something else that gets tested frequently.  

I'm grateful for the gifts of discernment and the ability to comfort people.  I'm also grateful for the mercy shown to me when I'm late meeting a deadline!

Blessings!
Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment